IDAG's role is to help DMB (see IDAG paper_DMB fact sheet) and related services become success stories around the world. That leaves us with certain goals:
- Support successful world-wide introduction of DMB and additional services.
- To help make a wide range of terminals available on the global market.
- Influence European policy for mobile TV and help the relevant industries embrace a multi standard approach to the mobile TV market.
- Contribute to cooperation between companies and industries within and between countries.
- Exchange of experiences, business models, marketing strategies, dos and don’ts.
- Common use of technology used for i.e. additional services and CAS (pay TV).
- Provide a cost effective, centralized and easy to use system for pay services.
- Act as a purchasing cooperative for it’s members.
- Develop services that combine broadcasting and the Internet. This increases the attractiveness of programs and channels and can provide new revenues.